STEAM Power WV
West Virginia Public Broadcasting is issuing a STEAM power WV Challenge for students in grades 3 to 5.
- Win prize money to purchase technology for your classroom or afterschool program. A$500 first place prize and a $200 second place prize will be awarded at each grade level 3, 4 and 5 grades. Prizewinners will be randomly selected among classroom or programs submitting a completed entry.
- Challenge entries must be submitted by Friday, May 6 to be considered for prizes.
- Using the West Virginia LearningMedia platform we have created 10 STEM lessons that integrate Art into the lesson outcome.
- Put Art into traditional STEM lessons. Choose 4 lessons, 1 in each of the STEM areas, complete the art project and enter to win prizes to purchase technology for your classroom. Each lesson is meant to be completed in one class period.
- Entering is easy, simply complete a form and submit a couple of pictures of your students at work.
For more information about the challenge: FAQ